I’ve traveled enough to have low expectations for physical mail overseas. Why is it easier to get a person across the Atlantic than it is to get a Fedex envelope? So I knew that trying to receive something here would be a plan of last resort. I hoped to go the entire trip without needing anything. I made it about a week.
- I needed a replacement credit card
- I can’t get packages at my Airbnb apartment
- I tried sending it to my host’s mother’s house
- No one understands international addresses
- A nearby coffee shop came to the rescue